June 6, 2016
The Best Fudgy Brownies!
For a while now, I've been longing to find a recipe for brownies that was homemade and delicious, but also pretty simple to make and that had simple in ingredients. I'm a lover of chewy, dense and fudgy style brownies with the top being a bit crispy. Thick or thin, doesn't matter. They just had to be chewy and crispy all in one scrumptious bite. These brownies are all that and more.
I think I finally found "the one" when it comes to a go-to homemade brownie and MAN are they good!
The BEST Fudgy Brownies
Adapted from The Tasty kitchen ( eat live run guest post)
*I made a few modifications.
-1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter
-2 ounces Unsweetened baking chocolate. (I used the brand Bakers)
-1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp. Unsweetened cocoa powder
-2 cups sugar ( I had on hand organic cane sugar)
-1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
-1 cup all-purpose flour
-1/2 tsp. sea salt ( I used kosher salt)
-cooking spray or butter to grease the baking pan *
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. * This recipe mentions placing foil in the baking pan and spraying with cooking spray or to use butter. I sprayed coconut oil cooking spray in a 9x13 baking pan and it worked fine.
2. In a medium sauce pan over very low heat, melt together the butter and baking chocolate until combined and melted through. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. Pour the hot chocolate in a large mixing bowl. Add in the flour, cocoa powder, salt, sugar , vanilla and eggs. * I first whisked the cocoa powder and flour together in a separate small bowl.
4. Pour the batter into prepared baking pan and spread evenly with a rubber spatula.
5. Top with some more sea/kosher salt.
6. Bake for 35-40 min. or until the batter looks cooked through. I think I took mine out at 37 min. Test with a toothpick insert. You want the inside to still be a touch soft/fudge-like texture.
7. Let cool in pan for 10 min. at room temp. and then place in fridge to cool down and firm up for about 45 min-hour. *hardest part is waiting*
*Dust with powdered sugar.
I hope you'll try this recipe. It's fun to make and they are seriously the best fudge like brownies I've had to date.