These may not look cute, ( and I agree with you, they don't). but they are seriously delicious! And yes, healthy. A healthy recipe! I'm shocked too. I eat healthy, and not-so healthy. We all do. It happens. I also believe in moderation.
These are not pancakes whatsoever. But they take "cake-form" while cooking on the skillet. They have four ingredients and can be prepared, cooked and eaten all within five minutes. I think we ALL have time for something like that, right?
I topped mine with some real maple syrup and a few blackberries. YUM.
I'd make these for a quick breakfast after a workout or a small snack.
When I work from home, I get crazy ideas of recipes I could make. I also tend to nibble more. Some days I like that better than others. I just whipped these babies up about 10 minutes ago. Quick and easy!
And now back to work!
Quick and Easy Oat-Banana Cakes
1 cup old fashioned oats
1 ripe banana
1 tbsp. plain Greek yogurt
1 tsp. vanilla extract
How you make them
1. mash the banana really well in a small bowl. combine all ingredients and mix well.
2. shape into small patties; you should get 4 small cakes with this recipe.
3. spray cooking spray on a medium-high heat skillet/ griddle pan. Place the cakes on the hot pan and cook on one side only for about 1 minute.
4. flip the cakes.
5. repeat 1 minute on the other side.
6. remove the cakes from heat. Top with your favorite topping.
7. eat up! They're good! (especially with syrup)!
This little sweetie watched me while I made these. :)
Hope you're having a great hump day!