March 16, 2017
Simple Chicken Caprese
I just love easy weeknight meals. I'll admit when I'm not feeling as creative and simply feel lazy about it, this is one of those dishes I turn to to add to my family's weeknight menu. You're going to love it!
1-2 packages ( 2 if you want leftovers) of boneless chicken breast
1 can of your favorite marinara sauce
2 large tomatoes
fresh basil leaves
salt and pepper to taste
1. Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees.
2. Coat the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish with marinara sauce.
3. Slice chicken breasts in half and place on top of the sauce. Then add more sauce on the chicken, a slice of tomato, two slices of mozzarella cheese and basil.
* I sprinkle the chicken breasts with salt and pepper on both sides before placing them in the dish.
4. Bake for about 45 minutes or until the chicken is completely cooked through.
* add Parmesan cheese on top if you'd like. Serve with a salad and garlic bread. So delicious!